Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What a beautiful day..

... to work from home. So I did. Never before have I had the luxury of staying home from work, but still get counted as being there. Unless you're just waking up from hibernation, southwestern Ontario's first qualifying snow storm of 2007 hit today (only in mid February) and as such, I was able to make it a "snow day." To show that I am responsible enough to work from home, I locked myself in the computer room upstairs before 6am and got straight to work. i stayed there (with the exception of bathroom, coffee, and lunch breaks) until the end of my "shift." For the record, most of my team didn't even show up today, included my two immediate bosses. My absence was therefor legitimized, so screw you.
I must say that working from home was simply awesome. I loved it. It's kind of like a forbidden fruit that you've finally managed to eat, and yet not get punished for it. Instead, I got the reward of saving gas money, and not losing a "sick-day." And now that I've had the fruit, you know that I want more. Please, I want to see another snowstorm and soon.

Wait. No I don't. Guess who shovelled the driveway after "work." This wasn't an easy shovelling job, unlike the faecal matter that spews fourth from my oral orifice. I'm paying for this mandatory suburban exploit as we speak. Muscles are tight, and the lower back is working it's way to killing me.

What an interesting scale. Work from home and shovel snow, or drive to work and not shovel snow. What a conundrum.

And it was THO! I swear! I asked her myself. No, really.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Grindy said...

Also worked from home, and I put in a solid 5 hours and at least 3 hours of tomfoolery. What can I say I busted my ass for the first two days of the week I need some Freedom Force time!

Definitely not THO. You're blinded by lust for Apples.