Sunday, June 03, 2007

Is this a weekly thing?

It does seem that way, doesn't it? I actually get around to writing on the blog about once every weekend. Granted, that's about to change since this is my last weekend off for a while-- so maybe Monday's or Tuesday's? Ultimately, the goal is to write two or three times a week. A goal that seems to get stymied on a weekly basis by several mitigating factors ranging from time constraints to not feeling like it. I've become so apathetic in my blogging. This really should come as no surprise given that I was thinking about dumping it completely a couple of months ago.

I consider those around me who still maintain a blog, and what seems to make or break them. Grindy is relatively new to maintaining is own blog, and that alone gives him the fervour to keep it going. Daejin completely changed directions by creating and mainly focusing on his new venture, the more mainstream smallSHIFT. I think both Ross and I have hit the same unorganized blockage when it comes to blogging. We're oldskool, blogging in the old everything/nothing format that brought bloggers together at the turn of the century, when Web 2.0 was barely a murmur. Let's face it, unless you have a gift for telling entertaining stories, only those who are close to you will even glance at your blog. I think I used to be entertaining, but I seem to have lost that writing ability somewhere along the way. Strangely, I feel that if I were given a topic to write about, I could champion it and make it worth reading. It's my day to day blogging that seems to suck monkey pole.

As a whole, I guess it all depends on how much time I want to spend on my small internet pocket. I've had ideas for new directions (see current iteration, where I have failed to really incorporate my Chinese learning into my actual blog), but end up spending one short period every weekend doing anything with it. Subsequently, the old adage of only getting what you put into something. I guess it's all about zeroing in on something and, in my case, I'm almost completely overlooking LosRicos Presents.

1 comment:

TheRoss said...

I'm still considered a blogger? I thought you had to post more than once a decade to earn that title.