Saturday, May 26, 2007

That was me?

Damn.

I spent the better part of my day today going through the forbidden closet. It's been sealed off to outsiders, nay everyone since I've lived here. Contained in this sacred domain was MY LIFE before adulthood. It was quite disturbing going through everything. Not only did I find all my old high school student cards, I also found a lifetime supply of greeting cards, letters, and other stuff.

This expedition was prompted by the idea that I had WAY to much useless crap sitting around. My closet isn't a tomb. Anything that was in there was just collecting dust, must, and mould. I figured that it was time to shed off the excess fat, and hold a garage sale. The disheartening thing is that after all that digging, I really don't have all that much in the way of sellable goods. I went through a lot of boxes and drawers (yes, I had a dresser in my closet), but yet there wasn't much there.
I don't think I'm done with the shedding of the fat though. I think I'm also going to go through all my books and more modern junk and give that a toss, too. Donate it, offer it to others, perhaps burn it. Who knows. All I know is, I have a lot of junk that doesn't do anything, and really don't mean all that much to me. I'm not saying I'm trying to become a minimalist, I'm just saying that it's just time to get rid of the shit I don't need.

No comments: