Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ricos-Sama's Weekend Report Vol.1

Welcome to my first Weekend Report, brought to you by email, a lack of things to do, and boredom.  

 

This week has nearly come and gone and everything is good.  Well, almost everything.   I don't have a Wii.   To continue my aggressive acquisitions, I will go on a holy quest to find a Wii on Monday.   I have a couple of good sources of where I might actually be able to find one.  Future Shop, Best Buy, forget those man.   You'll never find them there.   I won't give away my source, lest you take my Wii.  I'm not guaranteeing that I will have one within the next four days, but know that I am most certainly on the hunt.  

 

In less than five days, I'll have been at my current job for a month.  Scrazy.   I feel quite comfortable there now.   People are beginning to know me a little better, so now I'm slowly introducing some RIcos-isms.  Heck, one guy already calls me LosRIicos sometimes.  Yup.  Comfy.   Good.   I also got paid again.  Wii!

 

I'm now officially excited for this year's CD exchange.  Everyone's onboard and pretty much ready to go to print.   We discovered that Mad World by Gary Jules had made it onto two-and-a-half playlists, and so I've decided to replace the track with something else.   I haven't decided what that track is going to be yet.   As soon as that's done, off to the presses.  I feel that this year's CD will be more conventional then my previous iterations.   There hasn't been much Asian invasion in my diet this year.   This will probably mean less track skippage for those listening.   Tee-hee.

 

I've almost finished reading Life Without God by Douglas Coupland.   As he put it (paraphrasing of course), the X-ers are the first generation to really grow up without God.   In truth, I'm really just outside of the X-Generation.   Despite this, there's still a lot that holds true for following generations such as myself.  This is why Coupland often speaks loads to me, and makes him my favourite author.   Next on the block will be either Shampoo Planet, Generation X, or J-Pod. 

 

For those interested, my schedule changes next week.  Wednesday to Sunday 6am to 2pm.   This means I'm in bed before 9pm with the exception of Sundays and Mondays.. maybe Saturdays if you ask nicely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Gary won't be on anyone's list now. I've since purged him as well. BTW I call dibs on Wolfmother. I've got Love Train - feel free to any other track.