Monday, March 05, 2007

My hype begins.

Listening to:
Quicksand
from the album "Light Grenades" by Incubus

It's true. I'm hyped.
The 2006 tax year was pretty weak on my part. Between being unemployed for probably close to two of those months, and the jobs I actually held when I was employed, the income potential was fairly poor. Rather close to "slave" wages. My total salary was less than Canada's 2005 Low Income Cut-Off point. I'm so glad that I found another job that puts me far beyond that number.
Didn't I mention something about being hyped?
I processed (well, my mother processed) my income taxes this weekend. I never know what to expect as far as returns go. I knew that my low income for the 2006 year would be decent, I wasn't prepared for what I was due. Instead of telling you the sum, I will tell you that when this cheque comes in the mail I will be going out and getting myself a new iMac 17" with 2GHz of processing goodness. What about the MacBook? Well, I opted out of the Macbook. For less than a Macbook, I can get a larger screen, more processing power, more hard drive space, and graphics that doesn't take from the main CPU. I lose that sense of portability, but realistically I don't really move from this current spot I'm in right now. The beauty of the iMac is also that it's pretty simply to move it to a new location, in case I did want to go somewhere else. Simply put, it just makes more sense. And, if for some freak chance I want to play some sort of PC game, this would give me more of an opportunity. Don't hold your breath though, folks. I'm all Wii, baby. Now that I think of it.. the Wii and the iMac use the same colour-scheme. I may have to add an iMac to the graphics content of this website. Hmmm.

菜鸟34 Family Ties
Visit ChinesePod.com

2 comments:

Grindy said...

And for half the price of that you could buy a PC that would absolutely trounce it in perfomance :p. Enjoy your super-cute case!

LosRicos said...

Sure, but you also get the piece of shit operating system that goes with it. I'd rather pay the extra cash and keep what little hair I have left.

Windows - Causing me nothing but grief since 1995.