Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas time, again.

Last night was my annual Christmas get together with my former Woodbine clan. With or without me, this tradition has been going on for about six years. It's an event I always look forward to because I really don't get the chance to see these friends very often. Schedule differences, along with at least an hour driving distance between us, makes it somewhat difficult. At the same time, this infrequency always makes our time together that much more special, and thus I really look forward to it.
The festivities began with a beer and some Wii Sports. Bowling and golf were the games of choice, and I am pretty sure I know what my next console will be. Wii and Dildo jokes be damned, having the ability to physically get into the game really adds a great dimension to it. Imagine what might happen with DDR and a Wii-mote. This could be a killer aerobics app. Quite exciting, indeed.
More beers and snacks followed, as the rest of the troupe trickled in. We chatted, we played, we ate, and we drank. We also opened our Secret Santa gifts. I gave some Ottawa Sentators "Ice Glasses," great as a beer receptacle. I received the Family Guy DVD Trivia game. We did play a round of this game, but I was severely lacking my Family Guy factoids. This is okay though, as it gives me new impetus to increase my viewing of said series.
TheWife also received some Body Shop goodness, which she will surely enjoy. It smells like cranberries. I must be careful not to try and eat her.
So, after all was said and done, many beers and beverages consumed, we all went our own separate ways. A good time was had, and I was left longing for more beers.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: