Sunday, December 31, 2006

First monies.

Got paid on Friday. Sweet. First pay check from TheNewJob™. The first pay cheque is always the bestest. Especially when you see the huge jump in salary. So what did I do with this pay? I bought things! Christmas is over, and now it was time for MeMas.
First and foremost, I knew I'd have to get myself in better shape. Driving so much and sitting on my at-dollarsign-dollersign all day isn't going to do my weight and figure any good. My solution? The Pro-Form 750 CardioCrossTrainer. It was 50% off at Canadian Tire (praise Allah). I tried other local retailers, but nothing else seemed to compare to the value I had found at Crappy Tire. Into the car it went.
I lugged the brute home and assembled it over a three hour period. Just like IKEA, I had a bunch of parts left over!! Not really. Come the evening, I thought I'd hop on for a twenty minute workout. HAH! Try six minutes and thirty seconds, brother. Yes, I am grossly out of shape. I'll work up to that 20 minutes though. Give me time. Friends, the cross CCT wasn't all.
Today on the way home, I slipped over to Long and McQuade's for some distortion pedal goodness. Long and McQuade is really a magical place for musicians. So many good good things there.

So, now the year is at it's end. 2007 Begins in this burb in a mere six hours. Sunflower and I will be spending it with Grindy and Cloudie, and twelve cans of Maclay's India Pale Ale. I doubt I'll be driving home tonight.

PS TheRoss is blogging again at Slow Down, Martha. Give him some love.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

TheRoss said...

Pssst! It's "Settle Down, Martha" but at least you got the URL right!


Thanks for the linkage!

LosRicos said...

Oops. My bad. Age is creeping up on me as we've entered the new year.