Monday, December 25, 2006

Fingers on Fire - A Merry Christmas Indeed

And so Christmas has come and nearly gone. New years, and then the rest of Winter. Perhaps Christmas comes too early. Everyone, let's write Palpetine.. I mean the Pope.
I came home shortly after 1am and scurried off to bed. Nick had already been by. I missed him again, just like Polkaroo. Regardless, I went to bed for my night time rest. My mother ended up getting TheWife and I out of bed around 9:30. I probably would have slept another hour at least. Funny how waking up early on Christmas is no longer a priority.
Breakfast was the first on the itinerary, mainly to help drive Sunflower nuts. She truly is like a kid on Christmas. The suspense kills her. She doesn't care what's in the gifts, she just wants to know what is in there-- if that makes sense.
After a most delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon, and breakfast sausage, we made our ways to the living room and we began to open our gifts. Given the limited nature of my fundage, i couldn't give as much as I would have liked to. Even still, I was able to give the wife a Sens jersey, and we bought some coat, a couple sweaters, and a two unit cordless phone set at 5.8ghz. She was pleasantly surprised.
The highlight of my receiving, and what is currently set my fingers ablaze would be the Yamaha Eterna ET112 electric guitar and accessory kit. As an entry level guitar, it comes with pretty much everything you need to start playing, including an amp, electronic pitch pipe, pics, extra strings, along with some other goodies. You don't realize how bad your other guitar sounds until you have something that plays a lot nicer. Now that I have been inducted into the modern world of music, I now need to get a Macbook and some sort of input device, perhaps the MXL Desktop Recording Kit (D.R.K) so I will be, you know, all up in there. I hope to finally be able to enter this new realm in 2007. Ah yes, 2007. I believe it will be a fruitful year.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

TheRoss said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas, and more importantly (believe it or not) that your new job is going well.

Happy New Year!