Thursday, December 21, 2006

A week almost under my belt

Tomorrow, in case you've lost track, is FRIDAY! It's also the Friday before Christmas, which in case you haven't noticed, is on Monday! Scrazy, folks. I hope your shopping is done. You're running out of time!
After being completely enamoured on the first couple of days of the job, I have calmed down a little. I still like the job though. I forgot I had a brain. Best of all, it still works, though it does feel like mush at the end of day. More importantly though, I'm enjoying being a part of a team atmosphere instead of working as mindless drones just doing a job. Ultimately, it's just great to be back in career mode. I am smrt.

With all the excitement of the new job along with busy schedules, we finally found the time and energy to put up the Christmas tree last night. Even in China, it's a task that I always enjoy doing. This may well be this tree's final year though. Artificial trees have come a long way since we got this one somewhere in the neighbourhood of twenty years ago. Although I'd never do it, you can buy them pre-decorated now. Aside from that, there are those that look more real than real trees-- just without the smell and falling needles. You don't have to worry about a waking squirrel either. Artificial vs. Real - what's your pick?

As with most of Christmas periods, I'll try and blog throughout and give updates as to what's going on around the house.

A Christmas without snow.. how depressing.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

TheRoss said...

I'm all about the fake trees. Although I agree that pre-decorated ones are just tacky, the ones with the lights already one them seems kind of cool to me.

Merry Christmas every one!