Thursday, October 05, 2006

Black Blood Brothers: Initial Impressions



I just watched the first episode of Black Blood Brothers.
From what I can gather after the initial episode is that Vampires are heading to Yokohama as it is supposed to be some sort of Vampire sanctuary. The main character, Jirou, appears to be an über (does anyone still use that word) vampire of ancient origin. His "little brother" Kotarou is also accompanying him to Yokohama.


At first glance I thought this was going to be a toned down Vampire Hunter D / Hellsing knock off, but I was quickly proven wrong with a lot of physical humour in the form of immortals bashing each other around all slap-sticky like. Like with many other stories told in this medium, there are also layers of heartbreak and troubled past that follows the protagonists which will undoubtedly be played out later.
With one episode digested, I'm under the impression that it's worth the bandwidth to watch, but I doubt it'll reach a truly great status.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: