Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My g33k r00tz.

I enjoyed the Section-9 project. It started off back in 2001 along with two friends of mine basically as a blog and news portal. Now, five years later, all parties have new lives (ie. now married and far removed from college/university) and thus have different priorities. It's only natural that Section-9 would fall by the wayside. I don't regret it, as I'm still friends with all it's former members and will continue to be after the domain expires in December.
Now I have LRP, and I'm damned excited about it. It's always an interesting adventure when have to rebuild from scratch. Where my old website was becoming a bit of a chore and less of a hobby, this page gives me a new sense of purpose. It allows me the opportunity to talk and take part in something I love (anime.. duh), which is also a throwback to what I enjoyed during my high school and college years. Hell, I'm already getting myself psyched for Anime North and CN Anime in 2007. These will be my first cons since college, and I may even go cosplay-style; something of which I have NEVER done.
When you're working on a group project, you are somewhat limited in what you can do, especially when you don't necessarily share in the same hobbies. If I were to post about anime all the time on Section-9, it just wouldn't fit in with the motif. With LRP I'm free to immerse myself into whatever and share it with you. Feel lucky, punks.

Although I've been posting here for nearly a month, I still kind of feel the need to welcome you to my new home. I hope you enjoy it. The welcome is always out, and the door is always open to the Otaku inside.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: