Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sifting through the backlog.

The problem with working so much is that all the anime I accumulate lies dormant until the weekend, at which time I must plant my ass down and start withering the list down.
I polished off the final episodes of Innocent Venus today, as well as got through three more episodes of Nana.
Innocent Venus I felt ended nicely. Wasn't a mega-happy ending by any stretch, but it was, for lack of a better term, nice. I actually found it a bit inspirational. Overall the series wasn't bad. Definitely worth watching, but I doubt I would have bought the twelve episode series.
On the other hand, I'd love to see a full DVD treatment for Nana. I can't help but love that series. I find that stories that are character driven really find that loose hoop and hooks me. Nana's characters are certainly well rounded and I identify with all of them in some way or another. You'll never find me watching The View or anything of the sort, but give me a good chick anime series and I'm in. Call me a sap. I'm just in tune, man.

One last thing, I've compiled a list of series that I've decided to ignore, and let it slip by the radar. Because of hard drive limitations along with not wanting to get caught up in series that I find are crap or simply don't interest me, I actually ended up categorizing everything that's been coming down the pipe. If you're curious, the following is a list of things I am NOT watching:

  • Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi
  • Negima
  • Shounen Onmyouji
  • Sumomo mo Momo mo
  • Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (VERY, VERY, GAY)
  • Candy Candy
  • La Corda D'Oro
  • Tenpo Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi
  • Night Head Genesis
  • Gintama
  • Red Garden
  • D.Gray Man
I hope this makes up for my lack of postage this week.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: