Monday, October 09, 2006

The Onslaught - Sweet Merciful Crap

I was actually a little bit late getting into the fan-sub BitTorrent scene. When I used to teach in China, I was able to find any number of pirated subs on DVD. There was the odd the odd BT I'd download, like Air for example. On the grand scale of things however, it just wasn't needed. Especially considering the quality of internet connections in that country. Eesht.
The past few months have been a different story altogether. Since my return to my homeland, I haven't been able to land that high paying job I once held before I left. That being said, fansubs are really my only anime recourse because I'm too poor to buy anything. The fall of 2006 is my first real onslaught of new series, and sweet merciful crap there are many. In the past week, I've seen the first episodes of:
  • Black Blood Brothers
  • Pumpkin Scissors
  • Angels Feather (that series is so gay.. literally)
  • Death Note
  • D. Grey Man
  • Sasami Magical Girl Club
  • and Crescent Love
But that's not all. Currently sitting in my cue are Chou Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru and Shounen Onmyouji. I'm also waiting for Negima to finish downloading. Not everything I've downloaded has been enjoyable (namely Angels Feather and Sasami.. how disappointing), but overall the experience has been good. Over the next couple of days I'll do the Onslaught 25 words or less impressions for everything I've seen thus far. Also, if you're not careful, there also might be a Video Podcast.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back. How I've missed being otaku.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: