Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My New Apartment on the Street

The heading is actually a reference to one of my favourite Sci-Fi novels. Two points to whoever guesses it correctly.

Although the rest of the world doesn't really know it yet, and by the rest of the world I mean about 15-20 people, my original site will be coming to an end shortly. That being said, I needed to find a new home and I have found it over here at Blogger. I could be in a better blogging situation, but this will certainly meet my needs for the time being. Welcome friends.

Being that I'm going to focus more towards Anime now, I should get to the actual meat of what I wanted to discuss today.
The fall season is now upon us, which means new shows and thus, new subs to download. There's a handful of series that I've recently downloaded that I have yet to dive into, along with a couple of new ones I just started downloading today. Those being D.Gray-Man and Pumpkin Scissors.
While I'm thankful that fansubs have become so prevalent since the onset of BitTorrent, I still can't help but wonder how much they effect sales in the North American market and exactly how much they hurt distributors. I'll be honest and say it's something I've considered trying to get into; especially since I read This Article in Forbes about the CEO of ADV. If I'm not going to make money of something because people are sharing it online for free, then obviously I won't want to.
I digress. I'll give the skinny on D.Gray-Man and Pumpkin Scissors later.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: