Friday, October 20, 2006

Two down, umpteengabilllion to go.

I was able to digest Nana 22 and Bakura Ga Ita 15 today. Not even close the the goals I had set for myself. I was hoping to get at least half my viewing itinerary completed, but so much for that.

Instead, I felt the compulsive need to pick up the guitar and play. Three hours later my fingertips are feeling pretty raw, but manageable. More importantly, I have a new song in my limited repertoire of songs I can play the chords for. Today I added the popular, "Hate Me" by Blue October. I'm trying to learn how to play Michael Bublé's "Home", but I'm a problem with F and Bm in that I CAN'T DO THEM. Other than that, it's all good.

So back to the anime, Nana was good. The series is great for grabbing at raw emotion. Sure it's a Josei series, but that's what makes it so good. If I had a faster iBook, I'd watch the Nana movie I downloaded. Unfortunately, it runs like a bad internet connection.

I'm kind of surprised that I've begun to enjoy Bakura ga Ita, though. A shojo series that will use a lot of stagnant backgrounds and is pretty weak on animation quality. I guess it's the not so predictable story that keeps it interesting.



So perhaps I'll get into a couple of shows before I go to bed. I'm getting pretty sleep as it is, and subtitles will probably knock me out completely, but it's worth a shot.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: