Monday, April 09, 2007

I did it. (14 of 28)

Point of note - this marks the halfway mark of my blogfest. Number 14! Wowza.

So I've taken the plunge. I've ordered an HSK kit, which I now know means Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì (汉语水平考试).
A couple of interesting points to note about HSK test preparation. One, you'll be hard pressed to find anything related to the HSK at any of Canada's high profile online bookstores. Amazon.ca and Chapters.Inidgo had SQUAT. I found this rather disappointing, as I'm all for ordering from within Canada. Strangely enough, Amazon.com did carry HSK books but only in a limited selection.
Second point to note is that this was my second ever eBay purchase, although it wasn't an auction purchase, but an eBay store purchase. More interesting is that this purchase will be coming from Shanghai, China. The kit itself was something like $8CAD. It's actually costing me more to ship than it is to buy.
The negative part of all this is mainly the amount of time I'll be waiting before it gets here--likely 2-3 weeks. Then I will be knee deep in Chinese study..right in the middle of the playoffs. Can't wait to begin my mandarin cursing at the bad officiating!

Sens play on Wednesday. Remember to wear your jerseys!

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: