Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It begins tonight (16 of 28)

The question for the cup truly begins today. With my West Side team not in the playoffs this year, my only hope lies within Ottawa. Analysts are saying that the odds are in Ottawa's favour, but I believe it's going to be a tough fight. I think it's going to come down to goaltending. The Pens owned us in the shoot-out, but now that it's playoff time the shoot out doesn't matter. I hate the shoot-out anyway. Rayzor has the edge statistically this year, but it's playoff time. Stats on longer matter. It's gonna be an edge of your seat ride folks--don't kid yourselves.

Apparently winter still has one last gasp in 'em. Possibility of 15 - 20cm of snow. On April 11-12. Global warming my ass. Segue.
Something that's been on my mind as of late are the ideas of climate change and global warming. I don't know what to believe anymore. It's like the ongoing arguments about butter vs. margarine or the argument of coffee being good or bad for you.
In the corner to my left, you have Al Gore preaching about an aquatic Armageddon. On our right, we have the nay-sayers that say the amount of climate change we've seen over the past 50 years is completely natural and within norms. Who do be believe? Should I drink coffee, or shouldn't I? Is that margarine on my bread going to kill me? Unfortunately the debate isn't like a clear cut law. Neither side lie about the facts, they just interpret them differently. Science isn't perfect.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: