Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Ugh (8 of 28)

I saw the bright light today, as I faced my own death trying to bike up that hill. Yes friends, it kicked my ass. My legs aren't killing me yet, but they will later. This, I already know.
A while back I bought the first season of Babylon 5. Yes, I'm fully aware that this was an über geek show. In a way it was very much like Dr. Who; great story line and horrible acting. The story itself was set to be a five year story, that almost didn't make five years. The ended up wrapping up most of the story by the end of season four... just in case.
I didn't end up getting into the series until near the end of first season, as I thought it was a cheap rip-off of Deep Space Nine. My ignorance was replaced with the knowledge that Babylon was pitched to Paramount before the concept of DS9 had been even thought of. As it turns out, DS9 was a high budget Babylon 5. I digress. Since I got into the show so late, I missed out on some of the back stories that lead into the epic scale battles which came later in the series.
Despite the acting and bad special effects (which were improved on later), the first season of B5 is actually a pretty great thing, considering the amount of money they didn't have. I'll undoubtedly pick up the rest of the season, especially given the price-tag for 950 minutes of entertainment. If you like true Sci-Fi and never got involved in B5, I'd suggest that you make up for your past transgressions and pick it up.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: