Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Social Networking FEVER!! (9 of 28)

So yeah, I like facebook. A lot. I check back with it several times a day. It might be a fancy. It might be ongoing. We will see.
Over the past four or so years, I've been flooded with email requests to join others in multiple social networking websites. Since I've been bitten and infected with Facebook, my defences finally came down and I started investigating these requests and taking them a little more seriously. So seriously, in fact, that I signed up for two of them. I thought I'd give you a brief overview of what I found.

Hi-5 - Slow. Oh lord is it slow. Slower than MySpace. Thankfully, it appears to be easier to navigate. Like Myspace, it offers you the ability to put a favourite song on your profile page. The issue with this is that it's very difficult to to actually do. I tried. I failed. Granted, I didn't spend to long trying to figure it out because frankly, I didn't care.
Like other social networking sites, you can upload videos and photos etc. for others to see. You can also let it scan your address book in hotmail to find other users already using their service, but it stops there.
All and all, I didn't like it. I will likely never use this account... ever!

Tagged - This one is evil in its entirety. The setup process seemed fairly simple. Put in your vital stats and a password...and then you have to sift through 263 free gift offers to complete the process. Not only that, the system is just ugly. There also wasn't an easy way to look for a bunch of people.
Tagged sucks. Don't use it.

I have yet to develop a taste for MySpace. I find that it's still clunky and unintuitive. It's also kind of juvenile, which makes it good for the under 20 crowd. I'm on it, but I don't really use it.

So there you have it. Facebook wins, hands down. Join us.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: