Friday, April 20, 2007

No comment. (25 of 28)

When the Lion King made it's way as a musical, I could understand the reason behind it's success. The movie was a musical after all. Easily adaptable with fancy costumes. It worked.
Later, with the success of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, something strange happened. Someone thought it would be a great idea to turn that into a musical as well. Mistake. It bombed. I originally thinking something along the lines of "what the hell is wrong with those people."
In the latest news, Spiderman is now going to join the ranks of musical. WTF? Sure, I enjoy Michael Bublé's rendition of the Spiderman theme song, but that doesn't mean that a musical would work. As a matter of fact, I believe that it won't. I think this surpasses the stupidity behind the Lord of the Rings musical. Come on, people. Think about how ridiculous this idea sounds. This just proves that we're running out of good ideas for entertainment.

No comments: